Re: [packages] gtk+, glib, imlib

--- Jehan <nahor@bravobrava.com> wrote:
> Nicholas Wourms wrote:
> > So?  Your point?  I don't want to run linux on this machine.  My
> question
> > above was partially a joke and partially a rhetorical one.  I don't
> need
> > to be lectured on the joy and simplicity of the explorer interface
> (tho
> > neither seem to apply).  Let's not turn this into a Microsoft
> lovefest.
> > My point was that Rootless mode is a fluff setting, something that
> really
> > isn't that important.  Perhaps a better use of time could be spent
> > figuring out how to profile and improve the performance of the X
> server?
> > Or perhaps making truetype fonts easier for people to use in X?
>
> My point is that it's not cygwin's goal to replace Windows. Cygwin wants
>
> to bring Unix applications to Windows, not Windows application to Unix.
> If you want Windows applications inside XFree, Linux+Wine do exactly
> that.

Again, you are taking things too seriously, I was merely stating the point
that the converse would be much more interesting.  I'm not suggesting
everyone should drop everything and do it.

> My point is that Windows doesn't "suck" as much as you claim. We are all
>
> using it on this mailing list. Some may not like it but I doubt that the
>
> majority here think so.

To put it in the words of David Korn "it is a very poorly written OS".
Enough said.

> My point is that maybe you don't see a use to the Rootless mode but
> seeing the number of requests about it here and on slashdot, that's not
> what most people think.

I saw just as many complaints regarding the speed.

> My point is I don't like the way you are telling us what to do base on
> your own opinion while we are all volunteers using our own free time to
> improve Cygwin/XFree.

Oh can it, I'm not telling anyone what to do.  I was making a suggestion.
Besides, you have your opinions I have mine.

> By the way, any patch you could submit is welcome.

Likewise, any package you submit is most welcome.

Cheers,
Nicholas