Re: Bug in startxwin.bat after installing with setup.exe in win98SE

Better hold off on that patch, Nicholas -- it's opposite of the direction Robert wants to go. Setup should be , itself, as generic as possible, and all actions driven by external data.

(granted, I haven't been reading this thread, so I might've missed something...like discussion of the mkshortcut tool in cygutils...)

--Chuck

Nicholas Wourms wrote:

--- Jehan <nahor@bravobrava.com> wrote:

I forgot to attach the "X.ico" file. It's not the best in the world but I guess it will do (it's the same I sent you with the systray patch a while ago). It is to be installed in /usr/X11R6/bin (or you have to modify the script)

Jehan

ATTACHMENT part 2 image/x-icon name=X.ico

Jehan,

If you search the archives, others have already made icons ready for you
use :).  Meanwhile, I've been thinking about this and looking at the
setup.exe code.  If no-one minds, I'm going to generate and submit a patch
that has setup.exe do all the shortcut stuff.  Though your bat file is
still useful.  I wonder why not just can all the dos stuff by having the
batch file call bash which then calls startxwin.sh?  One file is *much*
easier to maintain then two.  Anywho, let me know your thoughts on this..

Cheers,
Nicholas

P.S. - Robert that goes for you too...