RE: Bug in startxwin.bat after installing with setup.exe in win98SE

--- Robert Collins <robert.collins@syncretize.net> wrote:

> [...]

Excuse me?  All I was suggesting is to reword the final setup screen to
something like the following:

-Create Icon on Desktop for Cygwin Command Prompt
-Create Icon on Desktop for Cygwin/XFree86
-Add Icon to Start Menu for Cygwin Command Prompt
-Add Icon to Start Menu for Cygwin/XFree86

Then have setup create the shortcuts in the same fasion it does already.
Eventually, I'd like to have it gray-out the check boxes for
Cygwin/XFree86 if it is not already installed.  How is this not data
driven?  Isn't this what the setup program is for?  The last time I
checked, most Windows installers handled the shortcut creation.

Cheers,
Nicholas