Re: Incorrect version in packages names

--- Lapo Luchini <lapo@lapo.it> wrote:

> >What about kde-x. Must it be named kde_x ?
> >
> Couln't those fixes be included in the base xfree package?
> Having a package that overwrites a file from another package gives
> problems if you deinstall the latter: you lose the file from the
> first...

Lapo,

No, they cannot.  Harold has made it quite clear that he will not turn the
MIT-SHM module since SysV IPC memory services are not an official part of
cygwin yet.  Maybe once Conrad and I finish work on cygserver, then he
will turn it on.  But until that point, we are forced to keep a seperate
version for KDE.

Cheers,
Nicholas