Re: New (Delphi) xlauncher

Nicholas Wourms wrote:
--- Harold Hunt <huntharo@msu.edu> wrote:

I'm still not sure where to head with the non-delphi version. I have
some options, but all have disadvantages:

libW11 doesn't look like it will do everything I need without the use
of

more libraries, ie xforms or gtk.

Whoever suggested libW11 was smoking some great crack. libW11 is by no
means a complete API. I'll just forget that this was ever mentioned. (I'm
not complaining to you, I'm just complaining)

Jeeze Harold what beef do you have with libW11?  I was merely suggesting
he look into it since it seemed to work so well for rxvt.  I never made
any such claim that it was a complete API, nor that it would work for sure
in his case.

Cheers (I guess...),
Nicholas

libW11 is a hack that has *just enough* functionality to support rxvt. If you stray outside this functionality by calling any random graphics call, you will either get a crash, graphics not drawn at all, or graphics drawn incorrectly. libW11 is not a API, contrary to what the maintainer of it wishes it to be. libW11 is just a seperate packaging of the hacks that allow rxvt to run without modification of the graphics drawing routines under Windows.

No beef.