Re: replies to xfree

Nicholas Wourms wrote:
--- Dennis Foreman <dforeman@stny.rr.com> wrote:

Shouldn't replies to a list automatically go to the list? My replies
seem to
be going to the personal mail of posters. I believe there is a setting
in
many list servers that prevents the replies from going to the poster.

regards,
D. J. Foreman
website: http://WWW.CS.Binghamton.EDU/~foreman

Hi,

I usually hit reply to all and forget about it.

Cheers,
Nicholas

And I usually add tags to my signature line to the effect of (Harold ``don't cc me in replies'' Hunt). But you never seem to notice them.

There are two situations, encompassing all of the time that I spend reading Cygwin/XFree86, in which I do not want to be cc'd:

1) I am at home where the Cygwin/XFree86 email is filtered out of my inbox and into a special folder. I only want to read Cygwin/XFree86 email when I open that special folder. I do not want to see Cygwin/XFree86 email in my inbox; that is why I setup the filter.

2) I am viewing my email via an IMAP client, in which case all messages are in a single folder. Thus, for any cc'd messages I see two copies.

Maybe I'll just stop responding altogether when I get cc'd. Maybe some people would enjoy that :)