RE: problems with XFree

Tom,

I bet that you either have two copies of cygwin1.dll on your system, or that
you have a really old version of cygwin1.dll.  For more information see:

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-xfree-faq.html#q-status-access-vio
lation

I run XDMCP sessions for several hours with no slowdowns or lockups.  I also
log off and back on to XDMCP sessions all the time.  A couple of days ago I
did identify and fix a memory leak that happens when the X server resets,
which happens when you logoff an XDMCP session.

I think that Windows 2000 and Windows XP do not show a bluescreen anymore by
default.  You can change that option in the Control Panel.  You mention that
this also happens on Windows 95/98/Me, which seems to be about the level of
information that you can expect from those OSes when they crash.

Harold