Re: Need information to port UNIX tools under PC

Hello Xavier

The cygwin environment is the right choise for you. If you have the source
code for your tools and all nessesary external modules, and the comersial
side (Public Open Source Licensing) is ok the only thing you need to do is:

1. Install cygwin on your computer. This is very simple using the Setup
program on Cygwin home page.
2. Modify you make system to use GCC on cygwin platform.
3. Create a separate object catalog for the cygwin object files, and modify
the Make system so compiler
     output object files to these and the linker to look there when
linking.
4. Start compile and link.

Oddvard

                    "Xavier Boussin"
                    <xboussin@yaccom.co        To:     <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
                    m>                         cc:
                    Sent by:                   Subject:     Need information to port UNIX tools under PC
                    cygwin-xfree-owner@
                    cygwin.com

                    24.07.2002 11:33
                    Please respond to
                    cygwin-xfree

Hello

I have to port UNIX tools on PC. These tools(mainly MMI) are using X11, Xol
and Xt libraries. I read/searched for informations about that in mailing
lists archives in cygwin site but nothing could help me.

I think the easiest way to port these tools is using perhaps xfree, but is
it the case for my need?

If not, have you any idea on how to solve the problem?

Regards.

Xavier