Re: Post-install or untar installation of 00xfree.csh, 00xfree.sh?

Harold L Hunt II wrote:
Is there a general policy of how /etc/profile.d/ scripts should be installed? Should they be indiscriminately untarred overtop of any pre-existing version of the scripts in /etc/profile.d/, or should they be installed via a post-install script?

If post-install scripts are the preferred method, would someone (probably Jehan) care to make a post-install script for XFree86-bin that is based off the post-install script for another package that installs profile.d scripts?
For now, I have on my system two packages using profile.d scripts (openssl and tcsh). Both of them just have the scripts in the list of files to install (using "tar tvfj package.tar.bz2"). So I don't think they use any post-install script.

Jehan