keys not mapping in application login prompt

Hi,

I have 2 boxes both running win2k and the same identical xfree 4.2.0 version running on them. The key mappings seem fine on both until I run an application which prompts for the username/password. On one machine, when I type in my username it prints odd characters, on the other machine the username prints out fine.

Can anyone guide me on how to resolve this problem please?

Many thanks,

JS.