RE: QT2 ready for ITP?

> > Well, then, why all of the fuss in cygwin-patches where you were
> > trying
> > to modify windows headers?  It doesn't seem like this is an
> > entirely
> > "unix" port:
> >
> > http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2002-q3/msg00175.html
> >
> > So, while this may have been discussed before, I'm not sure we had
> > all of the details then.
>
> Well actually, it would be totally Win32 header free, if it weren't
> for the fact that Chris January added an original patch to better
> display current drives in konqueror.  As for the dns stuff, that was
> already present in the Unix/X11 version, which is covered by the
> QPL/GPL.

I think it is necessary to say detailed, what the changes on the qt port are.

The qt-2 port of the qt/x11 is based on the official qt/x11-2.3.1 release from
trolltech.

Qt manages the platform specific parts in os specific files like
filenane_x11.ext or filename_win32.ext.
In the qt/x11 release the _win32. files are not contained, although some win32
code (dns code for example) is still contained with the lack of an os detection
code, for which I have added code, based on an msdn example.

Chris January has written some native stuff for file open/reading, I have added
some native stuff for a faster Qdir implementation using Find(First|Next)File().

Does anyone see a problem with this ?

Ralf