Re: [ITP] FreeCiv-1.12.0-1 for X (using libXaw)

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:07:13 +0200, Lapo Luchini <lapo@lapo.it> wrote:

>The following message is copied from message wrongly sent to
>cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
>
>Now Nicholas Wourms has ported libXaw3D so maybe I should do a 1.12.0-2
>to use it... or maybe two separate binary packages are better?
>One for libXaw (that is default) and one for libXaw3D?
>
>I think one binary package can be sufficient.
>
>Maybe I'll do a different binary package using GTK+, as soon as it's
>ported, as ilbXaw version looks much worse.

I have a GTK FreeCiv but not the capability to package it. These two
will play ball...

glib-1.2.10
gtk+-1.2.10

...I'll root round for the options tomorrow.

Also required: imlib. I happened across imlib-1.9.10 so that's what got
used. gdk-pixbuf-0.10.1 is lurking around but perhaps I was mistaken
about it being needed at the time. Unfortunately the winmm audio option
is a red herring: winmm != directx = no mixer. SDL-1.2.4 may be a viable
approach (works here but is mingw). I could revisit that and see if it
will build "properly".

>----------------------------
>My first try, it uses libXaw, which is not as good-looking as GTK (but
>is GTK available as a cygwin package?).

GTK 1.2 is considered "done" isn't it?

>I've seen the client crash one time, dunno if it's normal or usual, I'll
>do more tests.

Spurious quitting by the client via an assertion is "normal" (they get
bugs reported) - a plain old crash isn't. The server ought to be rock
solid.

--
swamp-dog@ntlworld.com