From: "Kerry Sanders" <ksanders@mindspring.com>
To: <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
Subject: Problem with running X apps
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 23:42:35 -0500

I am having a problem after installing Cygwin/XFree when I try to login
to my Redhat 7.3 box from a WinXP machine.  I launch the Cygwin batch
file and from the Cygwin prompt, I issue the following commands:

cygwin>XWin -unixkill &

cygwin>xhost +earth

cygwin>ssh -l uksand earth

At this point, I am logged into the Linux box with no problems.  I then
export my display with the following command:

    export DISPLAY=mars:0.0

When I then try to launch xlogo, I get the following error information:

[uksand@earth uksand]$ xlogo
Xlib: connection to "mars:0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified
Error: Can't open display: mars:0.0
[uksand@earth uksand]$

I am hoping that someone will have input on this.  By the way, in this
example, earth is my Linux box.  Mars is my WinXP box.  Of course, my
wife's machine (unnecessary in this example) is venus.  :)