xwinclip can copy from NT to KDE but not from KDE to NT

I apologize for my lack of knowledge about X selections and how to configure
them.

After I start xwinclip (from Test06.exe) under NT 4.0 (service pack 6.0) I
get the below message which I presume is normal:
  UnicodeSupport - Windows NT/2000/XP

Now the usual selection and copy mechanisms work in all Windows programs and
I can use my Scroll mouse button to paste the copied Windows text into any
KDE window (actually only tested in KDE Console and Visual SlickEdit editor
windows).

But, when I select any item in any KDE window, two things happen.

First, the xwinclip application window prints this message:
   SelectionNotify CompoundText

Secondly, I can no longer paste and Windows copied text into KDE.  The KDE
windows copy and paste as normal between themselves and the Windows apps do
the same between themselves.  It is as if xwinclip had stopped running.
Stopping and restarting xwinclip returns me to the one-way cut and paste
from Windows to KDE.

The following readme item may be related to my problem but I don't know
since I am not aware of what these selections mean in the KDE/X environment:
>  xwinclip has been tested with the PRIMARY selection,
>  and code is in place that may handle the CLIPBOARD
>  selection. However, no code is in place to handle
>  the SECONDARY selection, and the code for the CLIPBOARD
>  selection has not been tested and, therefore, it may not work.

Thank you for your time,

Steve Stone