Re: some question

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexander Gottwald" <Alexander.Gottwald@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de>
To: <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 5:36 PM
Subject: Re: some question

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, pantao wrote:

> hi, all
>
> I am trying to use cygwin/xfree and have some question:
>
> 1) It seems that xhost doesn't persist save the result. While I set  up
some
> access control, It seems the setting is not effective when X server start
up
> next time. Is it so?

Yes. After you log off, the next user logging in should not be affected by
your access settings.

> 2) While I use xwin -broadcast to start a broadcast XDMCP session, there
is
> no server list pop up, xwin dirrectly connect to a sco unixware server,
why
> is
> it so? If I use other X server, there are a list of servers.

Man Xserver
       -query host-name
               Enable XDMCP and send Query packets to the  speci­
               fied host.

       -broadcast
               Enable  XDMCP and broadcast BroadcastQuery packets
               to the network.  The first responding display man­
               ager will be chosen for the session.

       -indirect host-name
               Enable XDMCP and send IndirectQuery packets to the
               specified host.

What you want is -indirect

---
bye