How to display chinese words in X of cygwin using QT2

Hi,
    My work needs to display chinese words in X. I use the latest cygwin
version with XFree 86 4.x. And my application uses QT2 library. I add
simsun font to X by using "xset +fp ..." command. There is no error
response.  And I can find the font has been added successfully because I
can find simsun by using "xlsfonts" command. But I can not display
simsun font correctly by using "xfd" command to display that font. Of
course,  my application can not display chinese words correctly.

    I have tried to set environment variables such as "LC_ALL" & "LANG"
just like in linux. But soonI found it is no use.

    The font I added is TTF font. The release notes of XFree86 4.x says
by now XFree86 supports TTF by using module loader.  But I don't know
how to modify its config file to load that loader. In fact, I haven't
found it's config file in cygwin because it is not the same as in linux.

    Would you please give me a hand?

    Thanks a lot.