Re: QT2 ready for ITP?

Corinna schrieb:

> On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 10:57:36AM -0700, Nicholas Wourms wrote:
>> --- Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:
>> > Well, AFAIK, YANAL and IANAL, so I don't know how you can make

>> Can we please cut out the acronyms?  We should be respectful of Ralf
>> and others for whom English is a second[or third, etc.] language.

> Why?  I'm non-native, too, but actually I'm using acronyms as well.

> *And* I have this one: http://www.acronymfinder.com/

Hmmm.  I get:

Sorry, YANAL was not found in the database.
woah, thats an old thread...

I am guessing thats because YANAL isnt very common at all, but the author expected its meaning to be able to be derived from context. Noting similarities with IANAL, which is more common, Should be safe to guess that Y stands for a word of the same type as 'I' in the english language. Not a whole lot of Y words, 'You' being the solution. The first A thus changes from 'am' to 'are' to result in something which is more gramatically correct. Then again, I never seen it used before, so I could be wrong, but I suspect not.

Gareth - ponders why he replied to this... *scratch*

Gerrit
--
=^..^=