Re: xwinclip re selection polling

Hi All,

Thanks for the response Harold. I revised the logic in the changes and managed to remove the threading and all that went with it. Guess what, the XWin crashes stopped on both expected exists of xwinclip (via the stopping tool I wrote) and via Ctrl-C/close command.

The problem I am trying to solve is that of xwinclip "stealing" the selection ownership from x windows. My main motivation for this is NEdit, the block functions rely on the selection being present and unaltered.

Basically all the changes are removal of xsetselectionowners throughout old winclip code and inserting one for primary when Cygwin/XFree86 regains focus. Then adding convertselections to force the insert into the windows clipboard.

I've tested it out for XA_PRIMARY don't know any apps that use secondary but I've also tried on CLIPBOARD. It does something but I wouldn't say it works :-).

I have attached a zip with the complete files in there, not just diffs etc in case the base version is different now. They xwinclip normal files and the xwinclip_hook file additions have been changed to agree with the sytle guidelines Harold pointed out.

kill_xwinclip.c and kill_xwclip_hook.c haven't but there isn't much to them anyway, and I'd like to figure out a way to remove them anyway.

I have left the original code in place but commented out where necessary also there are lots of printf's in place to help with debugging.

There is shell script called build_dll_extras.SH that builds the dll and the two kill apps.

Hope the format is ok. If not tell me and I'll send them back with whatever changes are necessary. Cygwin is a great tool, I want to contribute.

Untested and definitely won't work is running more than one screen. The hook relies on the Cygwin/XFree86 window title, it will therefor not work with more than one screen.

thanks in advance for the feedback (hopefully positive),

Chris Twiner