From: "Meredith Finkelstein" <meredith@www.honeybeerobotics.com>
To: "cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com" <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
Subject: X windows display problem
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:41:41 -0400

Hi
I have found some related posts in the archives, but nothing that seems to
solve my problem, which is:

I start startxwin.sh from my client (which runs windows2000) (I have tried
both cygwin shell and cmd)
then i open up an ssh connection (ssh -X -l username hostname) to my host
computer which is running red hat 7.3. The sshd config file has
X11Forwarding turned on

when i try to open xterm, xeyes, anything - i get the following error:

xterm Xt error: Can't open display:

this happens no matter which window i am sshing from - cmd, cygwin, xwindows.
and /tmp/XWin.log displays no error messages

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Meredith