xlib: extension "XInputExtension" missing on display

Hi there,

I've recently setup cygwin/xfree86 on my win2k box.  Everything appears to
be working fine except when I try running an application
which requires a new window from within my bash shell, I receive the
following error:

xlib: extension "XInputExtension" missing on display pc-tlo:0.

How do I go about fixing this problem?  Do I have to enable xinputextension
in one of my config files?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
TL