Re: psuedocolor emulation

The pseudocolor emulation does not actually work. It is only a proof of concept that we can advertise an 8 bit PseudoColor visual in addition to our real TrueColor visual, applications can see this visual and select it, and that these applications do not crash. However, you will get no benefit from using the PseudoColor emulation because the colors are completely wrong. I think I added a command-line parameter to enable PseudoColor emulation, but I cannot recall the switch. Check the ChangeLog on the website for the ``Server Test Series''.

Harold

Dave Maccaferri wrote:

I have been reading about 8 bit PseudoColor emulation, which now seems to
be included but not enabled by default.

How do I go about enabling this? I assume I will need to rebuild some
things.