Re: xwinclip - update and motif clipboard

Hi All,

As promised an updated version of my xwinclip patch.

Major changes:

Now ctrl-c works properly, closes nicely, both the windows hook and the x display (and anything else after the event loop).

Also a restart works for when the x server crashes/restarts/whatever so will xwinclip. This is done with setjmp and longjmp, so should work within a thread as part of XWin.exe.

I've also made all my tab characters two spaces to be in line with Harolds original code and got rid of extra characters on the end of the line (due to NEdit's block operations, handy but I didn't realise they added spaces at the end of lines to the size of the block).

There is still lot's of printf's every where for debugging, more so now (due to trying to get the motif clipboard working). Needless to say they don't affect the applications behaviour in XWin.

Still outstanding:

integration with motif? Not sure it's really worth my effort anymore. Had a go and got nothing more that hassle. It seems to use the motif functions you must only have an Xt app. As xwinclip is xlib alone the two like to cause av's when shoved together. I'm sure I can manage just to highlight text.

handling of non windows clipboard change: if the windows clipboard doesn't change don't force the ownership of primary. Should not be much more hassle.

Hope all works, let me know.

Chris