Re: Uninstall cygwin for Windows under Windows XP

Skip,

I am feeling polite, so I will hold your hand on this one a little bit.

All Cygwin files are installed in the directory that you chose when you ran setup.exe. One easy way to get rid of Cygwin is to delete this folder (usually c:\cygwin). However, that will leave the icons and such in place for Cygwin in the Start Menu and on the desktop. There will also be a few registry keys that will have no adverse effect on your system if you leave them in place.

Alternatively, the Cygwin setup.exe program may have an ``uninstall'' option that does remove the icons, etc. However, I would not know for sure because I never uninstall Cygwin.

Harold

Skip Knoble wrote:

How does one remove all installed CYGWIN files after and
install under Windows XP?
Many thanks.
Skip Knoble, Penn State Center for Academic Computing

Herman D. (Skip) Knoble, Research Associate
Mailto:hdk@psu.edu
Web: http://www.personal.psu.edu/hdk
Penn State Information Technology Services
Academic Services and Emerging Technologies
Graduate Education and Research Services
Penn State University
214C Computer Building
University Park, PA 16802-2101
Phone:+1 814 865-0818 Fax:+1 814 863-7049