Re: twm iconmngr missing inputs

On 12 Sep, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>  You now need to do three things before we can comment on your problem:
>
>  1) Run ``xev'' (X Event Viewer) before the problem occurs.  Press a few
>  combinations of keys involving Ctrl, Shift, and some letters.  Keep it
>  simple and document exactly what you push.  Save the output of xev to a
>  file.
>
>  2) Run ``xev'' after the problem occurs but before you reboot.  Repeat
>  the EXACT combinations of keys that you pressed above.  Save this output
>  to another file.
>
>  3) Email the contents of both files into cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com, along
>  with a description of which keys you pressed in which order.
>
>  With that information we should be able to figure out what is going on.

The problem that Dai reported sounds similar to a problem my wife has on
her Win95 machine using Window Maker as the window mgr.  Double-
clicking on a title bar "rolls up" the window into just the title bar,
clicking on a title bar focuses that window, etc.

Every now and then all this stops working.  Restarting X will correct
it, but using a keyboard shortcut to cycle between the windows will also
"unstick" X - and all the queued events flow through to all the windows
affected (sometimes with unfortunate results, actually).

The window with focus still accepts input while things are "stuck", so
next time it happens we'll start up xev and see what we can learn.

luke