Re: Help with setting up cygwin

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-remote-apps.html

cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com wrote:

Redirecting to cygwin-xfree.

PLEASE follow up there.

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 11:24:11AM -0600, Jugganaikloo, Spalding wrote:

Hi All,
I am new to X Windows and could use some help. We have an application
server that run Solaris 8.0. I want to be able to edit Unix files that are
on the server from my PC in a GUI environment. Currently, I am just using
vi through a telnet session.

I have install a GUI based editor (NEdit) on the Unix server and
cywin/Xfree86 on my PC. When I try to open the GUI based editor from a
telnet session from my PC I get the following error:

$ NEdit myfile Xlib: connection to "192.168.101.19:0.0" refused by server Xlib: No protocol specified NEdit: Can't open display
It seems that there is some more setup to be done for Xfree86 on my PC, but
I am note sure what it is and how to do it. Any pointers will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
M. Spalding Jugganaikloo
Colleague Program Manager