Re: xwinclip - update and motif clipboard

I thank you for putting so much time into developing xwinclip.
It has been a pleasure anyway.

I really appreciate that you got the long-awaited setjmp lngjmp
functionality implemented so that we are not killed upon X Server shutdown
and restart.

It's cool, I've always wanted an excuse to use them (always used c++ exceptions instead).

I don't know anymore about the CLIPBOARD than what I wrote in the xwinclip
source comments, which was something to the effect of, ``help! can't find
CLIPBOARD documentation, how does it work?''

Well according to the specs you're implementation is right. Own clipboard manager and grab the clipboard when it's been selected, then own it again. It doesn't seem to work with Motif though. No biggy, primary works v. well.

I am going to integrate your changes into a future release of xwinclip, but
I cannot tell you when that will be. However, a little schedule update:
<snip> On the other hand, shit happens, so don't expect
anything extraordinary. :)

Like Chris said it's suprising you can reply at all, and much appreciated.

As was suggested I'm going to look at implmenting "a grab the selection only when the windows clipboard has changed" addition to the code. It shouldn't make a great deal of extra code but it will definitely make a minor glitch go bye bye.

I'll have a look at integrating it into XWin as well. When more than one XWin window are open it doesn't work properly and if the x windows clients become integrated with windows ala eXceed then it won't work at all.

Cheer's,

Chris