Re: X client wrapper for Win apps?

Alexander Gottwald wrote:
wine is in most parts the same as replacing kernel32.dll user32.dll and
some other system dependent libraries. So you won't achive anything if
you run the windows application in a wine subsystem. The goal is not to replace the windows dlls with the wine dlls but to translate the GDI
calls to X11. This has nothing to do with the POSIX layer.
What would be the point? I mean, if you want Windows app inside XFree, I think you'd be better of using Wine and help them finish it than writing this kind of driver.
The goal of Cygwin/XFree is the opposite of Wine, it's about having X Window inside Windows.

More over, if you have GDI-fake->X->GDI-real, that would be quite ugly for the speed.