Re: New Project (was RE: X client wrapper for Win apps?)

Any such development would need to occur in a branch that could eventually be merged back in if it proves stable, useful, well modularized, and actively maintained. If not, I'll just forget that anyone ever talked about doing it in the first place. That's why it needs to move off list, even if it ends up being essentially a feature of Cygwin/XFree86 rather than a seperate program/library.

Harold

Nicholas Wourms wrote:

--- Harold L Hunt II <huntharo@msu.edu> wrote:

Please don't use GDI in the name. I ask this because I don't want
there to be confusion between the Cygwin/XFree86 NativeGDI engine and any

foogdi project.

Consider instead something like the following:
XShell
XExplorer

Something more along those lines would help to differentiate your project from Cygwin/XFree86.

I don't see why this has to be seperate from the Cygwin/XFree
project? It seems to me that they are proposing more of an
extension/addon then replacing the server itself. Do you have some
objection to what is being proposed?

Cheers,
Nicholas