Re: twm and fvwm question

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Pascal A. Niklaus wrote:

> Yes, Mozilla has File->Exit, but I only want to close a menu-bar-less
> window created by javascript. And neither FVWM nor TWM add 'close' widgets
> to the window frame. Is there really no possibility to create a 'close-event'?

Most fvwm configurations contain a submenu with window options. The you can find
a "Close" entry. If there is no such menu, then edit .fvwm2rc and add either a
a new button or create a menu from which you can choose "Close".

> Using kill seems a bit of a crude approach. Does killing the window also
> free the resources the program uses for this window?

Killing the window causes the program to call the x11_errorhandler which normally
contains an exit() and terminates the process, freeing all window resources.

bye
	ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723