Re: Debatable: Rootless Mode is an Important and Needed Feature

I think that you are looking at it a different way.. If we had a
rootless X-windows it would allow better integration with our current
environment... and would help get it past the pointy haired bosses

Thanks
David R. Fischer

Jim Drash wrote:

> While, it might be nice to allow Windows to be the Window Manager and that
> it might be convenient, it is not a requirement for many people's regular
> and daily use of the Xserver.
>
> Would it be cool? Yes.  I cannot right now think of a single X app would
> work better if Windows managed it.  <If there are, OK. I can't think of
> any>
begin:vcard
n:Fischer;David
tel;cell:623-217-5858
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:AMIS;Product Support
adr:;;8701 E. Hartford Drive;Scottsdale;AZ;85255;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:drfische@us.dhl.com
title:Systems Support Eng.
fn:David Fischer