Re: Remote sessions with HP UX CDE ?

Hi all,

I finally solved my HP UX remote session issue !!

Just wanted to share the news and perhaps help people who might face the
same issue.

I saw in the Cygwin /XFree FAQ some pointers regarding the Solaris CDE,
especially the bit about specifying a font server. Since HP also uses CDE I
decided to give it a shot.Well what I did was I telneted to the HP box and
started up a font server

- xfs &

-it brings the font server up on port 7100

Then from my Cygwin I ran the following command

 XWin -query <hp.unix.ip> -fp tcp/<hp.unix.ip>

And voila it worked :-) !!

Thanks all the same to all those people who responded  ... : -)

- Cheers !!

George