Re: Rootless mode revisited...

From: MATSUZAKI Kensuke <zakki@peppermint.jp>
To: "Thomas Chadwick" <j_tetazoo@hotmail.com>
CC: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Rootless mode revisited...
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 02:08:41 +0900
[snip]

> 3) A favorite tool of mine, x2x, is broken, which is due to the lack of a
> root window causing the mouse focus to jump back and forth XWindows and
> Windows.

Sorry. I have not used x2x, and I have only one display, so I can't
comment 3).
x2x does XGrabPointer and XGrabKeyboard on the "from" display in order to redirect the mouse and keybaord events to the "to" display (it uses XunGrab to stop the redirection). Does MS-Windows have an equivalent function? If so, I could patch x2x to also do an MS-Windows grab.

Come to think of it, would it not be a good idea to change the XGrab procedures themselves to also do an MS-Windows grab when XWin is running in rootless or pseudo-rootless mode?

Internet access plans that fit your lifestyle -- join MSN. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/default.asp