[ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 68

Links:

I just posted Test 68 to the server development page:
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/devel/shadow/

You can install the Test 68 package via setup.exe by selecting the
'test' package (and be sure to check the 'Bin' box): XFree86-xserv-4.2.0-15

Server Test Series binary and source code releases are now
available via the sources.redhat.com ftp mirror network
(http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html) in the
pub/cygwin/xfree/devel/shadow/ directory.  You may wish to note the
desired filename in the links below, then download from your
closest mirror (http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html).

Server binary, direct link:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/XWin-Test68.exe.bz2 (1106 KiB)

Server source, direct link:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/xwin-20021020-2321.tar.bz2 (90 KiB)

xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin (all files) diff against 20021020 XFree86 CVS:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/xwin-20021020-2321.diff (14 KiB)

Changes:

1) Add support for non-rectangular windows created by the X Shape Extension
while in Rootless mode (e.g., ``XWin -rootless'').  (MATSUZAKI Kensuke)

2) Not in the release build, but in the sources: Clean up the RANDR
extension code to match the latest RANDR interface.  This can't be enabled
yet because it crashes on startup in 32 bit per pixel mode. (Harold Hunt)

Release plans:

I intend to make XFree86-xserv-4.2.0-15 the stable release as soon as I
receive some feedback that it does not introduce any substantial bugs.  Be
sure to check non-rootless mode with the ``-scrollbars'' parameter and make
sure that the window is created at the correct size and that there is no
wierdness when resizing.  For example, I recall seeing Cygwin/XFree86
startup with the display area being chopped to allow space for scrollbars
that were not being displayed.  I didn't look into that one --- so I would
appreciate it if someone else could verify that it happens.

Enjoy,