Re: -Rootless AND -NoDecoration

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

Now, from the perspective of building a correct application, can't you
see that it would be incredibly non-standard of us to allow
Cygwin/XFree86 to not have a taskbar icon? No other Windows application that needs to be minimized/restored/closed has that behavior. Typically, only applications that are either closed or open are in the system tray.
Actually, that's not entirely true. The Windows Task Manager can be "Hidden When Minimized". WinAmp and Trillian (given, they are not typical Windows applications) have this feature too. I think, most "persistant" applications (running from login to logout) can be moved to the systray instead of the taskbar one way or another.

Maybe XWin could benefit from such a feature. It would be interesting for people who start XWin at login and never exit it until logout to minimize XWin in the systray when they don't actively use any X application. That way, XWin would not use precious space in the taskbar.

Can you see my point? I suppose you could code such a feature if you wanted that did not change the default behavior, but I'm not sure how much use it would be to others...
I could try to modify/update my systray patch to that effect if I find some time to do it.

Jehan