Re: XWinClip

Make sure that you have the latest cygwin1.dll from yesterday's release (run setup.exe again). Several issues related to the now default ``ntsec'' option were corrected, and one of these fixes may resolve your problems.

Harold

Jean-Claude Gervais wrote:

Hi Bradey,

Thanks for helping.

Nope, it's not that.
For one thing, this IS happening on a local drive.
The NTFS security and permissions and ownership are set properly.
As for the Cygwin ownership and rights, I am the file's owner and have all
rights to it.

As an aside, I went though the whole user/password procedure a while ago
when I couldn't start X anymore because the user I was logged on as did not
exist as a local user (domain user), and Cygwin's policy concerning such a
situation had changed.

Maybe this is another manifestation of the problem that that policy change
caused.

Um, could someone send me the XWinClip Test 06 source code in a zip file and
I'll build it...

Anyhow, I'm not sure what version of XWinClip I'm currently running, but
after a paste or two, it starts taking a lot of CPU and doesn't work
anymore.

If that is still going on in the Test 06 source, I might perform an analysis
and figure what is going wrong with it.