Re: Uses for Cygwin/XFree86

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 20:43:20 +0100, Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> wrote:

> > I captured the screen shots into Paint Shop Pro, and saved the
> > images directly to JPG. I didn't save them into BMP, unfortunately.
>
> Once you have saved them as JPEGs, the blurring has already occurred.
>
> What happens is that sharp transitions are blurred because of the
> quantization done by the JPEG algorithm.  Basically, the high
> frequency components in the image are chopped away.

May I suggest the use of Irfan view ( http://www.irfanview.com/ ).
It is a freeware, It can capture the whole screen (or a window) and
save it in many formats (including png).

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni           Tel: +972-3-7966-561  /"\
 Mivtach - Simon      Fax: +972-3-7966-667  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign