Re: rootless mode and mousing to other windows

I don't think that such interaction between the X Windows window manager and, essentially, the Windows window manager is going to be useful in the end, and it would be overly complicated to implement such an interim solution.

Remember that the ultimate solution is to write calls that make Windows the window manager for our X apps, so your concern would no longer be an issue.

I urge you to focus on the later solution, rather than trying to send signals between two window managers.

Harold

Gerald S. Williams wrote:
I agree -rootless rocks. And a -systray option would be great.

But one thing that I'd really like to be able to do now that
-rootless is around is be able to have all X windows become
inactive when a Windows window is selected. When I switch to
X-Windows, all of the Windows-style windows become inactive.
I'd like the reverse to happen as well. Otherwise, when I
switch out of X-Windows, the most-recently-selected window
in X is shown as active even though it isn't. It's actually
worse than that, since a cursor is shown in both windows.

I'm not sure what this is equivalent to in X terms. Perhaps
mousing to another screen? Has anyone given any thought to
this? I'd be willing to take a shot at an implementation if
given enough of a nudge in the right direction.

-Jerry Williams