how does xwin resolve ip addresses

Hi All,

I have a problem using a wireless card (3com) on my home network. I have a basic wireless setup and a switched setup (for my servers). When using the wireless card I can use the internet fully and most applications are happy with it. Bizarly though ipconfig /all doesn't list the wireless card as an ip adapter.

When trying to use cygwin/xfree on the address (given by dhcp) the xserver doesn't work i.e. no clients can bind to it. Is the discovery mechanism for the ip address using the same as ipconfig does and hence can't see it?

Does anyone have similar experience?

tia,

Chris

PS (I should get some time today to work on xwinclip, I'll tackle it on the latest release)

Unlimited Internet access -- and 2 months free!  Try MSN. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/2monthsfree.asp