Re: Serious X11 problem

jblazi wrote:

> I have tried to compile an X11 program from the Guile tutorial
> http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/docs/guile-tut/tortoise1.html. I
> could compile it but when I run it from bash, I get a core dump.

I have just tried it with the latest cygwin, xfree and tools, and I do
not get a core dump. The program runs OK, but with some interesting
behaviour (on win 2k sp2)

If I run it with *no window manager*, just XWin, then I get a window
containing a square which closes after 10 seconds. All as expected by
reading the code. This is true with all XWin engines.

However, when I run a window manager, then the square is sometimes
missing, sometimes has only two or three sides. Which result I get
appears to be non-deterministic. I have tried this with twm, wmaker,
fvwm2, icewm, and sawfish. Same behaviour in all cases.

Does this indicate a race condition somewhere in the window manager
protocol implementation in cygwin XFree86?

Steven