Re: HOWTO rootless mode??

Randall,

Be nice.

I posted an announcement for XFree86-xserv-4.2.0-15, but I did not mention that you should use the ``-rootless'' parameter for the rootless mode. Rootless mode is in the stable release, but it is still considered experimental because it may leak memory and it may have certain undesireable behaviors. Although, it seems that rootless mode is pretty much complete because there have not been any significant complaints.

I did a little SNAFU with respect to the man page because I updated the man page, but I did not roll a new release of the man pages package. I should probably do that, but I don't think many users will be pleased with redownloading all XFree86 man pages just to get one new one. I will have to think about that one.

Harold

Randall R Schulz wrote:
Grrrrr...