Re: Randall, please don't post here

For the record, I checked my copy. It didn't have any mention of -rootless.
That doesn't mean that someone has or hasnt thought to add such a section to it.
Instead of flogging an obvious novice (lars) who couldn't find the option, which
is partially understandable as it wasn't documented, I thought perhaps that
reflection on the current-ness of the packaged documentation would be more
productive and positive than vented impatience.

Granted, as Russell pointed out to me, it is preferred that people search the
archives before pestering the discussion list, and I agree with that philosophy in
theory and practice, but not everyone gets it. (Including my boss.) On the other
hand, it seems one could argue that we would never need man pages in the Internet
age, as everyone who needs to know how to use something can just search through the
archives of the mailing list dedicated to that program. I'm not sure that's the
best method of disseminating documentation, though.

As for me, I'll be sure to be more specific in the future.

Regards,

Kdt

Christopher Faylor was recently quoted as saying...