Re: Emacs in XWin is performing oddly

David,

Excellent. I believe I can now punt this problem over to the emacs packagers. :) Hey, are you the emacs packager for Cygwin?

Harold

David Starks-Browning wrote:

On Wednesday 13 Nov 02, Harold L Hunt II writes:

Hmm...

I am beginning to wonder if I built the last release with the munged binutils release that was only around for a day or two. That same release of binutils caused my class project code to segfault on startup everytime... updating to the latest bintuils cured the problem. Maybe I will make a new release soon...

Harold

Harold,

I've been posting to the main cygwin list. I don't know about your
segfaults, but the "spinning" described below is reproducible outside
of X.

Regards,
David

Artur Hefczyc wrote:

I have installed all of the cygwin emacs packages and I now am
experiencing problems with emacs with the X server. Launching emaces
causes one of the following:

1) the application never displays its window (CPU utilization to 100%)
2) the application displays its window but it is unresponsive (CPU
utilization to 100%)