Re: an idea for building win32 based xfs

 Thanks for dropping me your comments.

First of all, don't you mean xfs, not xfd?
 That's my mistake. It's xfs. Sorry.

Secondly, how is this different from running the stock xfs that's in the XFree86 distro using free-type to support the Windows fonts?
I should have stated my point more clearly.
I want to get rid of fonts.dir file. mkfontdir doesn't work for me.
Although FreeType provides decent font handling functions,
win32 API does it better because fonts for Windows are made for Windows use. And I believe cygwin/xfree gains better performance with more exploitation of win32 API.
So I have three options:
1) remake mkfontdir using win32 API
the easiest work but still inside of fonts.dir world.
2) remake xfs using win32 API
don't know how much work should be done but worth to try?
3) replace Xft layer of XFree86 with win32-based code
may be...but I'm not an X guru!

Fontconfig will eventually resolve this problem but I wonder if win32-based xfs sounds no nice?

Taishin