xterm consumes all cpu

[ This is a bug report. ]

What happens: boot winxp, start cygwin, run startxwin.bat, and XWin starts
normally.  If the first action is anything other than to close the xterm,
for example, open the desktop menu, then everything will run fine.  However,
if the first action is to close the xterm, either by typing 'exit' or by
clicking on the button in the window bar, the xterm process will consume
100% of my cpu (according to winxp task manager, assuming that was opened
previously, because it will take forever to open after.)

Interestingly, after killing the zombie xterm and window manager processes
in winxp task manager and restart xwin, I can close xterm either by typing
exit or clicking on the button in the window bar first and everything will
run fine.  So, it is only the first time after rebooting that this happens.
I've tried this with wmaker, twm and fvwm2 window managers, and the problem
persists except for the window manager that forces me to click to place the
xterm, because that forces a first action other than to close the xterm.

As this is a very strange and unlikely to be stumbled upon, I thought you'd
want to know about it.   Config attached.

[ Thanks, Mark Harig. ]