RE: [Lesstif] "mwm" on Cygwin : heavy load

Harold,

I did read, and made my test as you suggested (startx -- -fullscreen -depth
16)

for the same result as with pseudo ...

About that option emulatepseudo , of course I found it almost by accident.

My goal is to display on the notebook the GUI of an application running
under HP-UX on a workstation. That application needs 1280x1024, and "plays"
with colors : It uses XtConvertAndStore and a second colormap for some
drawings !

When I started, I was on a desktop and I got to set Display to 1280x1024 /
256 colors before starting (with no special option) Xxin.

On the notebook I can't set 256 colors. Fortunately, I had downloaded a
recent Cygwin Cygwin version 1.3.13-2 including XFree 86   4.2.15
and discovered that option "emulate pseudo".
It created a 3rd visual in 256 pseudo colors... But I don't know how to use
it (I can modify GUI source code if required). So I added fullscreen and
depth 8 options.

That way I can display (poorly) the GUI. Using "mwm" improves the behavior
(closer to HP), but it is slow...

Anyway on both 256 color desktop or with emulatepseudo , XtConvertAndStore
does not always succeed, at best the result is :
OK for from_value.addr =
*	"#94949494949494"
*	"#dededededede"
*	"#adadadadadad"
*	"#424242424242"
*	"#bdbdbdbdbdbd"
*	"#212121212121"
*	"#ffffffff0000"
*	"#c2c2c2c2c2c2"
*	"#4fff4fff4fff"
And fails for
*	"#737373737373"
*	"#636363636363"
*	"#280028002800"
Does it ring a bell ?

Other problems are
*	the windows starts iconised
*	it is not redrawn (when exposed, ...)
*	there is only ONE colormap

[ If I do an X -query , on the HP hosts, I get no icons, but drawings and
colors are still not there ! ]

I hope that someone can give me clues. (I also hope that my english can be
understood !)

Thanks for your help, Harold. I wish I won't bother you too much.

Christian

PS : what about Cygwin versions ? should I get any special patch ?