Re: Cygwin GNOME 1.4 binary packages

Hansom Young wrote:
> I think it doesn't.
>
> I'm a Chinese guy,too. I've noticed that the Chinese charactor couldn't show up properly. But I have no time to investigate this.

Yes, what i guess is right, that is because of cygwin1.dll's limited setlocale support.
I re-compile gtk1 with -DX_LOCALE flag defined today, find things OK, now gtk can display
Chinese characters rightly!

> I share out these packages only in hope that they might be useful to those want to use GNOME applications under Cygwin, esp. for some lazy guys.
> And maybe we can take them just as a start of Cygwin GNOME project.
>
> BTW: How do you know that "GTK+2 can run under cygwin good"?
> You mean you have built GNOME2 packages under Cygwin, by saying that?

Yes, see
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2002-November/msg00025.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2002-November/msg00050.html

Good luck!