Window-95 (WIN95) and CYGWIN, unable to open display

Last week (14 of Nov. 2002) i downloaded CYGWIN, installed it on
WIN98, all works fine. All WIN-Computers are connected in a LAN with
my LINUX-Server. With CYGWIN on WIN98 i can do all, that i need:
rlogin, rsh, ftp, telnet.  And of course use CYGWIN as X-Server for
programs, that run under linux.

Now i wanted to install CYGWIN on a WIN95-computer, there i have problems:
o as with WIN98 i used startxwin.sh, the X-Server starts, i can see it,
  it runs, i can move for instance the mouse. But then i can see the
  messages vom twm, xsetroot and xterm: ..
  unable to open display '127.0.0.1:0.0'. I could see, that the X-Server
  did something, changed colour to black, went off, came
  again.
o To test what happens i startet first XWin.exe, waited until it was
  running, then i made: xhost +. Again the message: .. unable to
  open display '127.0.0.1:0.0'. The X-Server changed to black, diappeared,
  came again with the colour, before i made "xhost".
o Then i made the next attempt: i startet XWin.exe, and tried on my
  LINUX-computer: DISPLAY=192.0.2.10:0.0 ; export DISPLAY ; xterm.
  I got the answer from the WIN-95-X-Server, that this is not allowed.
  This was what i expected, because xhost did not run correctly und
  WIN95-CYGWIN.
o I made the next attempt: on WIN-95, under CYGWIN BASH, i made:
  telnet 192.0.2.112, i got the Login-Prompt from LINUX to enter the
  name, but when i typed the first letter of my Login-Name, this letter
  was endless repeated. I made the same attempt on another WIN-95-
  Computer, exakt the same, with telnet the first letter i entered was
  repeated endless. Then i testen on WIN-98, there telnet did all right.
  This shows: under WIN95 there is something other than in WIN98. Perhaps
  there is the problem, as the programs speak with the X-Server over
  net-moduls, as ist telnet does. rlogin and ftp worked correctly under
  WIN95, in opposite to telnet.

All my computers have fixed IP-Adresses (WIN-95: 192.0.2.10, LINUX: 192.0.2.112).

Perhaps you can help me. If not, i know, that CYGWIN only works fine with
NEWER WIN-Operating-Systems. Perhaps i have an problem with errors in WIN-95.
I made the test also on an newly
installed WIN-95-computer, with ONLY WIN-95 installed, nothing other.
Also on this computer i got the error-message " unable to open display ..",
and also telnet repeats the firs letter of my Login-Name endless.

Georg Fischer

   ! Georg Fischer, Amselweg 7, D-89281 Herrenstetten Germany         !
   ! Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Holztechnik                                      !
   ! Email: ==> G-F-I@t-online.de <== (best way to reach me)          !
   ! Internet: http://www.fischer-altenstadt.de                       !
   ! Telefon:   +49-8337-8646                                         !
   ! Telefax:   +49-8337-9118                                         !