Re: xwinclip test 6 hacked to leave selection untouched

Chris,

From what I understand, you are grabbing ownership of the selection when Cygwin/XFree86 loses focus... that is not the correct solution, as other X Server on Windows implementations out there (not to name any names) are able to watch the X selection without taking ownership of it ever.

It sounds likes we need to watch the selection on the root window, rather than stealing it for our own. If you did this, then I misunderstood what you were trying to say. However, I doubt that you did this because grabbing ownership of the selection when we lose focus would be unnecessary.

I wait until a solution looks clean before I do anything with it, and stealing ownership on losing focus didn't look like much of a solution.

Harold

Chris Twiner wrote:
Hi,

I'm curious has it been forgotten that I already fixed the selection grabbing over two months ago?

Either way the latest code does the clipboard chain stuff and handles multiple windows ( -screen option), and some wierd bug were it doesn't free the dll properly. I can't get it to link properly on gcc 3.2.

The problem being the -mno_cygwin option doesn't seem to work. The dll must be without cygwin1.dll given that as a default it is not placed inside ?:\windows\system. Maybe this is a point for another list.

If the latest code is wanted I'll post it, I'm pretty much finished with what I want to do with it. I can't for example see the point in spending much more time on it if it never get's included.

Chris