Re: Xwinclip doesn't work with Konsole

/ "Chris Twiner" <c_twiner@hotmail.com> wrote:
| Thanks Jozsef,
>
| That's perfect information.
>
>>>From what I can tell (quick research) it uses CLIPBOARD and PRIMARY.
>>Sorry, this I don't understand, what this sentence means.
>>Can you explain it?
>
| I think so, the Konsole app doesn't seem to use the PRIMARY selection
| properly (i.e. in a standard way), that is why test6 doesn't
| automatically remove the selection from it.

Hi!

Sorry for private mail, but I am not sure I can mail to the
list.. reading it from news.

Just a quick thought.. as you say "it does not use the PRIMARY
selection properly", does it use the primary selection at all?

I mean, modern X and like the CDE on solaris has two clipboards, one
is for CDE, and can be accessed by apps compiled to CDE through the
menus edit->copy edit->paste, while the other, in xterms, emacs and so
on uses the ancient select with mouse, and paste with middle button..

It is not like Konsole uses the alternative clipboard? Or you are
supposed to use it..

Or maybe even you need to select the text, and do a edit->copy to get
it to the clipboard?

   /Andy

--
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!