RE: Xwinclip doesn't work with Konsole

Hi Chris

Can you build the xwinclip exe and use the dll supplied
(i've put the build_dll.sh in there as well)? Let me know what
happens (and the output).

The copy from X works just like I wrote in my previous mail to
Harold (see log1), but when I try to copy from Windows, the
results are unpredictable. (see log2)
Thanks Jozsef,

The output looks as I'd expect for Harolds reasoning. I've put in his changes for selecting the CLIPBOARD (an issue with me for a while) output but I haven't made the thing work yet. It recognises an owner and calls xconvertselection, then the flushxevents function is called but the XNextEvent doesn't show a new message. Bizarre.

I'll keep trying to get clipboard working properly maybe that will be enough.

chris

PS (the "wierd" behaviour with pasting back the windows clipboard is because it won't claim ownership unless a windows application has changed the clipboard since the last primary selection. This is in my code only. It makes logical sense but it doesn't work the way the old one did, as far as possible it leaves XWin to do it's thing, only claiming the primary selection once the clipboard has been changed).